Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The BEST Banana Bread Recipe (you can stop searching for that perfect recipe, I found it).

So I am known for buying bananas that I never get around to eating.  My freezer slowly fills up with brown bananas and before I know it know it I run out of room for my frozen peas.  I always put off baking as if the baking will bake itself and when it comes to banana bread I never found the right recipe.  Until now.  It is so easy, moist and you will find yourself snacking on it all day.  This is THE recipe and only recipe you will ever need to make the most perfect BB (yes we are on those terms with each other).

The Best Banana Bread:

Preheat oven to 350.

3-4 ripe bananas, smashed.  (I have gotten away with only having  2, right before they turn brown throw them in the freezer and they will be good whenever you are ready to bake). 
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon (or pinch) baking soda
1 teaspoon (or splash) vanilla
pinch of salt and cinnamon
1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (optional but why wouldn't you)
3/4 cups walnuts (optional but they are good for you so why wouldn't you)
2 cups of whiskey (this is a joke, don't but whiskey into your bread unless you are an alcoholic).

No mixer for this recipe.  Mix butter into mashed bananas in a large bowl.  Mix in sugar, egg and vanilla.  Add baking soda and salt over the mixture and stir.  Add flour last, mix.  Pour mixture into buttered 4x8 inch loaf pan. Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon   Take a shot of whiskey.  Bake 1 hour, cool on rack and enjoy.  You could also make muffins even though I have never done it.  Sometimes it took longer then an hour so make sure its golden brown on the outside and very dense and heavy when you take it out of the oven.

Ummm so your probably wondering where the pictures are but the bread went so fast I failed to get a picture...But trust me this will be your go to recipe because its easy, comes out perfect and gets eaten in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment